Lake Towada’s History
How to Access Lake Towada
JR Bus’s Bus Fare to Lake Towada
- From JR Aomori Station or JR Shin Aomori Station: 3,480 yen
- From JR Hachinohe Station: 3,050 yen
- From Yakeyama in Oirase Gorge: 1,330 yen
3 Unique Regions Around Lake Towada
- Utarube Area (宇樽部): water sports, camping, and a sense of history
- Yasumiya Area (休屋): food & accommodation
- West Coast Area (西湖畔): tonnes of lookout
Utarube Area (宇樽部)
Lake Towada Pleasure Boat (十和田湖遊覧船)
2 Routes of Lake Towada Pleasure Boat
HERE is the timetable for the two routes.
Towada Pleasure Boat Fare
- The adult fare is 1,650 yen. Elementary school students cost 800 yen to board. Note the cheaper price listed on the official website is for grouped tourists. So if you are in a group of 15 people or more, that discount applies to you!
- If you prefer a more comfortable place on the boat, with only 550 yen (330 yen for primary school kids), you will be able to stay in the VIP area – Green Room. The Green Room is located on the third floor of the pleasure boat. The floor has the best view, and an air conditioner is equipped!
- Please note most of the boats only operate between the end of April and early November. In 2023, the season starts on the 28th of April.
Access Information of Towada Pleasure Boat
Mt.Ohanabe Observatory (御鼻部山展望台) – Altitude 1,011m and Mt.Towada (十和田山) – Altitude 1,054m
Guriland RIB Tour & Kayak Tour
- RIB Tour English Website
- Kayak Tour English Website
- RIB Tour Japanese website
- Kayak Tour Japanese website
To reserve, you can email [email protected].
Guriland’s Access Information and Some Useful Information about the Tour
- You shouldn’t get wet from the boat travel from strong windy (non-rainy) weather. But they can provide rain gear and goggles if you feel like you need them.
- You will be able to cancel without any charges applied if the cancellation was made before the boat/kayak departing time.
- Cameras and snacks are allowed – although if you accidentally drop your snacks into the water, it becomes fish food.
Utarube Campground (宇樽部キャンプ場)
Fees and Charges at Utarube Campground
- Entrance fee: 310 yen per person
- Auto-campsite オートキャンプサイト (this type of campsite is a pre-divided block area that will give you ample space to park your vehicle and your tent): 1,570 yen
- Cottage コテージ: 14,140 yen per cottage
- Free camp area フリーキャンプエリア: 210 per tent
- Parking fee (if you aren’t parking your vehicle in the auto-campsite): 520 yen per normal car, 1,040 yen for a larger vehicle that has a capacity between 11 to 29 people, 105 yen for any vehicles with 2 wheels
- Shower room: 100 yen per use
- Washing machine: 200 yen per use
- Cloth dryer: 100 yen per use
Check-in and Check-out Time at Utarube Campground
- Campsites: you can check in from 10 am
- Cottage: you can check in from 3 pm
- Check-out time for all types of accommodations is by 10 am the next day
Mt.Ogura Cliff (御倉山の断崖)
Kankodai Observatory (瞰湖台)
Yasumiya Area (休屋)
Ebisu Daikoku Island (恵比寿大黒島)
Statue of Maidens
Craft Shop Yuzuriha (暮らしのクラフトゆずりは)
Towada-Jinja Shrine (十和田神社)
Two Legends Of Towada-Jinja Shrine
Fortune Telling at Towada-Jinja Shrine
Onsen at Yasumiya Area
One of the hotels we found is Hotel Towadaso ホテル十和田荘. Their indoor bathing area is quite fancy, and their outdoor bathing area is completely surrounded by nature!
West Coast Area (西湖畔)
Hakka Touge Observatory (発荷峠展望台)
Towadako Oide Campsite (十和田湖生出キャンプ場)
Other Lookouts and Observatories
Shimei-Tei Observatory (紫明亭展望台) – Altitude 630 ｍ
Hakuuntei Observatory (白雲亭展望台)
Takinosawa Observatory (滝ノ沢展望台) – Altitude 698 ｍ
The Fall Foliage Season at Lake Towada
Festivals at Lake Towada
Lake Towada Winter Festival (十和田湖冬物語)
For the exact dates of the festival, please refer to the official website HERE.
Lake Towada Festival (十和田湖湖水まつり)
Other Attractions in the City Center of Towada
For more information, please refer to our article on Towada City (=ﾟωﾟ)ﾉ.