If you need to spend a night at Kansai International Airport, book a night with First Cabin Kansai Airport (ファーストキャビン関西空港). While KIX Airport Café Lounge NODOKA is our favorite, First Cabin Kansai Airport gives you a more comfortable stay. Besides private rooms, it also has a public bath, perfect to rejuvenate!
Table of Contents
The Guestrooms at First Cabin Kansai Airport
Taking the concept from an airplane, the guestrooms at First Cabin are called cabins. Like the airplane, you can choose between the First Class Cabin and Business Class Cabin. Compared to a capsule hotel, you have wider space, a proper bed, and a higher ceiling.
There is also a 32-inch TV! While the cabins are not lockable, there is a small safety box underneath the bed. Male and female floors are also completely separated. As a swipe card is required to enter a certain floor, your safety is guaranteed.
- First Class Cabin’s room size is 4.4㎡. The bed’s width is 120cm.
- Business Class Cabin’s room size is 2.2㎡. The bed’s width is 100cm.
- The height of the cabins is 2.1m.
First Cabin Kansai Airport’s Facilities
Instead of bringing your luggage into the small cabin room, there is dedicated luggage space. If you are worried that your luggage will go missing, a wire rope combination lock can be rented from the reception.
Moreover, there is a washing machine that is also a dryer, so if your laundry is piling up, utilize it! Also, no laundry powder/detergent is required for this machine, so one less thing you need to bring with you!
Compared to Café Lounge NODOKA, First Cabin Kansai Airport’s large public bath and private shower booths are much more comfortable. There is also a female zone where plenty of amenities are available. In addition, you will be given a set of changing clothes, a towel set, and amenities to enjoy the hotel’s shower/bathing facility.
Important: Alarms are forbidden at First Cabin Kansai Airport to ensure the space’s quietness. Please let the staff know when to wake you up instead.
What You Can Rent for Free at First Cabin Kansai Airport
- Mobile phone charger
- Conversion plug
- Trouser presser
Things to Note About First Cabin Kansai Airport
- You need to be at least 13 years old to stay at First Cabin Kansai Airport.
- Accordion curtains are used for all cabins instead of a lockable door.
- The public bath is closed for cleaning from 10 am to 12:30 pm and 2:30 am to 3 am.
- Overnight guests are given the priority to use the public bath from 7 pm to 10 am.
- The cabin rooms don’t have a lock.
- It may not be suitable if you are a light sleeper, as the cabin is not completely sealed.
- Free earplugs are available at the reception.
- Eating is not allowed in the cabin. Please use the common space instead.
First Cabin Kansai Airport’s Access Information and Meal Options
First Cabin Kansai Airport is located at the far end of AEROPLAZA’s 3rd floor.
Before reaching the hotel, you will walk past a couple of restaurants. But just note that there might not be any vegetarian options unless you don’t mind the fish broth used in the noodle soup.
How to Get to Kyoto/Osaka from Kansai International Airport
If this will be your first time landing at or departing from Kansai International Airport, it might be confusing as to how to travel from the airport to the city center of Kyoto or Osaka as there seem to be so many options that you can choose from!
Refer to our Kansai Airport Access Methods article for a better understanding of the different ways to travel between Kyoto or Osaka and Kansai International Airport. We have also included the analysis of which options will suit different types of tourists!