Have you heard of a denim kimono? Dress in one before you start posing everywhere at Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarters!
Here at KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI (倉敷着物小町), you will be able to experience this uncommon fusion. With just 6,050 yen, you will be able to enjoy all that Okayama Prefecture has to offer – both denim and Japanese culture.
KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI is the first kimono rental shop to offer its customers denim kimonos. If you want to own one, you can buy one!!
Having said that, a normal kimono is also available and cheaper!
Below is the current price list.
For the night plan, you will need to take off the kimono yourself at your accommodation. But don’t worry because it is quite easy. It is really just untying the knots!) and return the kimono the next day by 12 pm.
Tip: In winter, you can rent out a shawl for kimono for free. Please speak to the staff upon arrival.
Day Plan (Return the Kimono by 5 pm to the Shop)
- Women Kimono Rental: 3,850 yen
- Men Kimono Rental: 4,950 yen
- Couple Kimono Rental: 7,590 yen
- Children’s Kimono Rental: 3,850 yen
- Denim Kimono: 6,050 yen (the price is the same for all gender and all age)
Note only Yukata is available for rental from mid-June to mid-September. The weather is too hot to wear a two-layer kimono.
Night Plan (Booking Available from 3 pm; Return the Kimono by 12 pm the Next Day to the Shop)
- Women Kimono Rental: 4,950 yen
- Men Kimono Rental: 6,050 yen
- Couple Kimono Rental: 9,790 yen
- Children’s Kimono Rental: 4,950 yen
- Denim Kimono/Yukata: 7,150 yen (the price is the same for all gender and ages)
KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI’s Photoshoot Service
Photoshoot service in the Bikan Area is also available at KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI. And the 40-minute photoshoot session is fairly priced!
- 3,300 yen for 1 person
- 4,400 yen for 2 – 4 people
- Extra 1,100 yen per person if you have more than 4 people in our group
There will be more than 100 photos taken on the day, which will then be given to you via DVD disc for you to extract from.
How to Get to KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI
All you need to do is get off at JR Kurashiki Station, follow the Google Maps at the left, and you will be there in 10 – 15 minutes!
Check out our recommended route HERE that differs from the google map suggested route to experience the local atmosphere (=ﾟωﾟ)ﾉ.
KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI’s Business Hours
- KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI is open from 9:30 to 17:00 daily.
- Note the shop may take a day off without advanced notice. So a reservation is highly recommended.
Other Things to Note About Visiting the Shop
- Please try to be punctual. If you are late, they will serve other customers who arrive on time first.
- As the space in the shop is limited, if you are just accompanying your family/friends, they will politely ask you to wait outside.
- There are no toilet facilities in the shop, so you must finish your business before you enter.
Making Your Reservation
To reserve, please fill in the web form HERE (scroll down to the end of the webpage and click on “レンタルのご予約はこちら). Most questions on the web form have English translations. For the ones that don’t have a translation, you can utilize Google Chrome’s translation function at the right of the address bar.
☛ Please return the kimono by 5 pm to avoid extra charges
☛ If you want to dress up your kids, they need to be 4 years old and above
If you are having trouble communicating with the shop, contact us HERE, and we will be more than happy to assist.
KURASHIKI KIMONO KOMACHI’s Cancelation policy
- 48-hour free cancellation
- 50% of the cost forfeited if you cancel on the day
- 100% for no-show
Explore the Rest of the Kurashiki Historical Bikan Quarter
Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter is a historic area filled with traditional Japanese buildings, perfect for some photography sessions.
With a variety of shops, trendy cafes and galleries in the area, you can easily spend a whole day here without getting bored!
Find out more about this gorgeous part of Japan with our Kurashiki Bikan Historical Quarter article!